Thursday, September 4, 2008

My first grader is doing great!



Maddy is LOVING her class. And as for me I am LOVING her class too. I have definitely found a little niche with the other moms and I absolutely love her teacher, well so far. Maddy has gotten over the gitters and the Mom I think I am going to throw ups. Thank goodness. I was not sure how much longer I could put up with it. A friend of mine was pointing out I might want to have a little more compassion. I guess I was little once too and nervous. Who Me?

This was the first week of homework, why do they do that? The first week of homework was a short one, brutal! Not as much time to complete the work and the FIRST week to hand it out? We still have one sheet to do and it is due tomorrow. I am hoping we get into a rhythm and work it out.

She is also exhausted, but having a hard time going to sleep. I put her to bed around 7:30, because no matter what time she goes to bed when the rooster is up so is she. I was like that. I can remember doing Mousercize (Mickey lead aerobics) at 6:00am on the weekends... I know what a nerd I was.

The attitude is killing me right now with her. I have so much fun with her sometimes and other times, she argues, sasses me, treats me like I am dirt. And that is just the short of it. I try not to take it personally, but easier said than done. Especially if you know me, I am an emotional person anyways, this just fuels the fire. I am hoping this faze fades soon. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger...

No comments: