Saturday, October 11, 2008

Maybe the dirt pile is a little more interesting....



Today in Maddy's soccer game, the dirt pile was a little more interesting than the game. Right in the middle of the field there was a little dirt patch and Maddy found it. I was bummed that she was not paying attention to the ball going by her and her coach was very patient with her. He kept telling her to get up and help the other girls out.

Today was a great reminder to me that she is still so little. One friend of mine reminded me that group type sports at this age are hard for them. And another friend reminded me that Maddy is just happy to be a part of the team and have new friends. Every once in awhile we need reminders like this. She really has only been on this earth for 6 years now... sometimes I guess our expectations are not realistic and get in the way.

No comments: