Saturday, September 18, 2010

Shhh.... Ahhh Listen, it's quiet.




It is naptime right now, or quiet time for my older one. One of my (and I am sure many mamas and daddys out there too) favorite times of the day. There are times I just completely crash at naptime with them. Then there are times I have so much to get done I hope they stay asleep a little longer. I just love sitting in the quiet. Some nights I stay up WAY too late because I am just enjoying the stillness of the house.

On my to do list today for naptime:
~ Laundry, don't we all love the never ending cycle?!
~ Figure out dinner plans so I am not running around like a chicken with my head cut off while the natives are getting restless. It isn't pretty.
~ Pick up the living room. Why does it always seem to be a mess? Is your house that way? My kids come through and leave things around as if they don't really notice that it is a war zone and boobie traps are lurking around every corner just waiting for an unsuspecting victim.
~ Cycle through the newspaper and school papers, so that those too don't try to take over the world. We could save so many trees if schools sent home less paper work.
~ Research replacement toys for the ones the dog has chewed up. :o(

Not a long list, but nonetheless a busy naptime for mama. Happy Saturday all! We have actually enjoyed just playing in the backyard today, and now the chaos begins. We will get up tomorrow and do it all over again.

No comments: