Monday, April 7, 2008

The Game of ... Life, yield ahead.


I have to say the game of life is interesting. Did mine turn out the way I thought? No. To say the least. There have been many turns and twists for that matter. Yet I am thankful for each day. When the day is rough with the girls, I need to remember that they are healthy and energetic. Happy too! (at least I would like to think they are) When the road is a little bumpy, I know that I have my best friend and the One above in the seat next to me and we will get through whatever lies ahead. Throw an unexpected baby, new jobs, new homes (at least to us we have moved 4 times in 6 years), another baby, a new career( for both of us for that matter), preschool then kindergarten, new friends, old friends ( old friends made new again!), family, nephews and nieces, new shoes, old shoes you still try to fit into even after two babies, new clothes you buy for the kids because they now come first, realizing your body really will never be the same ( and being ok with it, because it can only get better), vacations and the fun memories you make along the way, hard times, good times, times when you laugh so hard you cry, & true felt, unconditional love. It makes for a much more interesting plot than many books out there. And that is just my adult life, the begining of my game is a whole different post.

Just remember to take in every moment, as it comes. It may be painful, sometimes disappointing, it may be joyous, or unexpected, but through it all we only get one chance at this game we call life. Play to the fullest!

No comments: