Saturday, March 28, 2009

Accomplishing the impossible, or is it improbable?

I am NOT a runner... Yet today I ran a 10k! I cannot believe it. We are training for the Santa Cruz 10k on April 19. So, today I ran 6.2 miles in preparation for the real thing in just a few weeks. We have come so far, from claiming to not being runners, wondering what in the world have we gotten ourselves into, starting out at one mile and barely making it, to feeling like 4 miles is normal and the extra push to 6 miles is indeed possible. It is painful, hard to breath, yet so satisfying when you are done and you look at what you have accomplished! It was a beautiful morning to run, almost as if God, had planned it to be a triumphant day. We even saw turkeys on the side of the path! Really when we started out, I was looking for something to jump start my exercise routine after the holidays. Now, I am not sure I would say I enjoy it, but I enjoy the feeling afterwards. My hubby has been very supportive and even running with me sometimes. So next time a task seems impossible, think again and take it one step at a time.

Ps. Happy Birthday Emily! :o)


No comments: