Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Life is fragile...

It is crazy for me to contemplate how fragile life really is... The Oakland PD shootings have hit a little hard in my home. Four men, just going off to work, protecting the citizens of that city only to lose their lives. Who could have predicted that this would be their last day here on this place we call earth. We are believers in, when it is your time to go, you will go, whether you are crossing the street or protecting people's lives. There have been several "tragedies" that have been around us. Not directly effecting us, but still a little close to home. A friend of ours was just diagnosed with cancer, a very aggressive, rare form. He is in his 30s and has 2 little ones. My cousin just told me about her husband's cousin...who at 34 passed away. He collapsed while playing basketball with friends and they have 4 kids. A blogger I read about is battling for her 4 month old son's life with prayer.

I cannot even begin to imagine the pain they are going through right now... the sense of loss, the sense of uncertainty. Yet there is a bigger power out there to cling to... not sure why things are happening or why this way, or when things will get better or IF things will get better. All we can do is pray. Hold onto the ones you love, don't take them for granted. I remember giving this same speech in High School to my Senior class. One of my close friends had just been in a severe car accident and almost lost his life...God was not done with him in this life. The situation taught me that life is fragile, you never know what is around the corner. And at 18 you think you know it all. Thank goodness we don't! A little older a little wiser... a little closer to my Papa above. I know He takes the bad and uses it for His good, we just might not see the whole picture yet...




No comments: