Sunday, March 30, 2008

Our Family trip to Colorado

Grand Junction, Co. We just got back, well it feels like we just got back. We went out to visit Brian's grandparents (85 & 87) . It is a full day to get there and a full day to get back. We had a wonderful time. I love to travel and see how other people live beyond my bubble of CA. Let me tell you, some people looked just like someone I might see here, others, not so much.
Harry and Maxine (the grandparents) were troopers! they were so hospitable and brave to have us invade them. We were able to see the Colorado Monument. Now, I thought it was a rock you drove out to see, nope. It is a bunch of rocks you drive out to see. It was beautiful. Although the ride was so calm, I kept dosing in the back seat.
The second day we went to see a car museum. I was a bit skeptical at first. Allright, I didn't have a good attitude at all. We did have to drive an hour and a half on a curvy mountainous road ( are there any other kind in CO?) to the middle of nowhere. Aka: Gateway. It was an awesome car museum, check it out HERE. I wish poor Brian had my brother or a friend to really enjoy it with. I mean we are great company and all, but really... I also wish it was not in the middle of Nowhere, CO. It was beautiful and if you ever get the chance, go. The restaurant out there was great too. I had what I later found out was a bison burger. I thought that was just the name, and I thought it tasted a bit gamey.
The girls did great on the trip. The wonderful DVD player helped with that. And Grandma had gotten them a few toys to play with and the dolls, Maddy was in heaven. And so was Reagan with her beebee.
I was also able to finally experience Chick-fil-a. I had been craving something I had never tasted after reading Kelly's blog on it. Even Maddy was excited to go! (Of couse after hearing mommy talk about it who wouldn't want to go?) I do have to say it was awesome. The shakes don't even compare anywhere else. I did not try the sweet tea as the-rest-of-the-country-except-California-calls it. I didn't want to be up all night from the caffeine. As it was poor Reagan is teething again, I don't think it ever ends. The being up because she can't get comfy, the runny nose that goes on forever, the bad, bad diapers! Poor little one!
The trip home seemed longer than the trip out there. (We had to fly into Salt Lake City and drive about 5 hours! And then back to get home.) But we made it and are glad to be starting school again tomorrow. Hallelujah!
I will post more Pics later. No, I did not take the one up top.

No comments: