Friday, March 14, 2008

Rice in your hair?


My little one, Reagan just turned 18 mos. She is a stinker, let me tell you! Seriously her nickname has been "Stink" since she was very little. And she answers to it, so that shows you how often we call her "Stink." We even made her a skunk for Halloween. She is an expert at throwing fits, crying (more like screaming) loudly, and turning it off at the drop of a hat if mommy says something like, "do you want me to pick you up, then stop crying" and BOOM she stops and sticks her little lip out with a sigh. How can they be sooooo cute and yet, such Stinkers? I think the cuteness is God's way of having us fall in love with them and then comes the punch. The toddler stage. Really is there a terrible twos? NO, it starts in toddlerhood and then they don't grow out of it until they are 5! And no one tells you that the 3s and 4s are just as bad if not worse! I think more seasoned parents don't want to scare the new ones.
Well let me scare you. Maddy at 4 stood on the front porch at our old place ( a condo inside a complex) and started yelling at the top of her lungs NO MAMA! I swear that voice was not her own. And granted Maddy was an easy baby. I have no clue what this new little person will bring. I am not thinking it is going to be pretty. so, last night at dinner she thought rice would be a great conditioner. I didn't want to burst her bubble so I left it there. Kids are definitely a humbling experience!

No comments: